Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Cat in the Window

blackcatwindowecraterI just finished this lampshade last week.  It is for a welcome lamp and is perfect for a night light as it uses a 7-watt light bulb.  The shade is a hard backed circle with blue and white checked gingham and blue grosgrain trim.  The picture is a cross-stitch pattern of a black cat sitting on a window sill watching the moon come out.  It took me a year to do the cross stitch as I only did it while sitting in an Embroiderer’s Guild meeting once a month.  It gave me something to do with my hands while I was listening to the meeting go on and on and on. Hee hee!

1 comment:

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

Do you ever work with primitive lamp shades? Im looking for a few in red homespuns, different sizes and maybe even different colors depending on the prices.

jenn_martino@yahoo.com