Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Handmade Brown Paisley Teapot Lamp

This week I’m focusing on the brown paisley teapot lamp I just made.  It has a ceramic teapot, which I purchased at  craft store.  The teapot has a brown leaf-like design on a white background.

My husband drilled a hole through the lid and lower part to insert the lamp parts.  The six-foot cord is ivory with an on/off switch on it.  The lamp uses a 15- or 25-watt candelabra bulb. 

The clip-on, handmade shade is hardbacked and covered with brown cotton.  It is trimmed with white french braid gimp and brown beaded fringe.

This reminds me of the decorating style in the 90s where everything was earth tones.  So if you know someone who loves earth tones and teapots, this would be a perfect gift.  It measures 12-1/2” high so it would fit under a kitchen counter.  It would also look great on a hall table.

No comments: